Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The last week of May

I am a rather poor blogger. I get busy and forget to get my camera out. My husband cooks and I forget to get my camera out. I get it out and realize that the batteries for my flash are dead. The end of the school year is just busy in general.

So here are some pics I have taken sometime in the last week. Most were underexposed as I refuse to use the on camera flash and I have yet to get batteries for my bounce. These were taken under natural light conditions, which didn't leave me a lot of room and then processed on a laptop which didn't leave a ton of accuracy. Still, I have to admit to the bad along with the ok ;)

This was lunch one day. I was having a large craving for fresh fruit and veggies, so that is what I had. Orange slices, strawberries, grapes, cucumber, radishes, green bell pepper and to make it stick a little better, pepperjack cheese. Nothing lasts very long without a bit of protein.


On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, first BBQ of the season means meat and carbs. Hamburgers, slow grilled on a whole wheat bun, grilled smoked sausage, potato salad and chips. Nothing wrong with some meat and taters on occasion.



And back the other way, because we are not an all meat all the time type of family, my wonderful husband made these awesome black bean quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas with black beans, peppers and sweet corn nestled in with yummy melted cheese. Yum.



So today I will get my lighting issues taken care of and hopefully be back to photographing food the way I like it, rich with color.

No comments:

Post a Comment