Monday, January 3, 2011

Low carb fabulous

We have taken a low carb turn. I have my reasons but for this blog, I will concentrate on recipes. My goal is a new recipe every day. To keep my family from killing me, I am only concentrating on one dish at a time, pairing it with things I know they will eat. Tonight's new dish is Bok Choy with Cashews.

Ingredients

* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions, including green ends
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 pound bok choy, rinsed, cut at the base
* Salt
* 1/4 cup chopped, roasted, salted cashews


After the green onions are rinsed, the ends are chopped off.





The green onions are chopped. One bunch, chopped up through the light green equals about 1/2 cup.



Rinse the bok choy well, then trim away from the base.


I use pre-minced garlic, but if you don't, mince it now. This dish goes together quickly, so we want everything prepared before.

Add 2 Tbs of olive oil to a wok or large skillet and heat on medium high.


When the oil is hot (don't let it smoke!) add the green onions.


Let them cook for about 30 seconds, then add the garlic, and allow to cook for another 30 seconds. Then add the bok choy, salting lightly. Lower the heat, and cooked covered for 3-4 minutes. In the meantime, chop the cashews.


After the time is up, and the bok choy is soft, stir in the cashews and allow to heat for another minute.

That is it! Dinner is served.



On the menu tonight is garlic chicken, bok choy with cashews and green beans. It went over very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment